Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Let the Sound Prolong

Entrance to the assisted living wing

An HDMI cable was missing, so I picked one up from the store and connected Dad's monitor to his computer. Dad has a large monitor that displays oversized icons and letters; does it say anything about me that I liked it better than my own computer?

I selected the retirement home's WiFi secure network and typed in the password (no, its network isn't the first name on the list).

Walking around the facility, I passed by the lounge where ten (10) seniors had gathered for karaoke. The final number was America (My Country 'Tis of Thee). They rose from chairs, leaning on their canes and walkers. They turned to look as I sung along, since we younger folk don't usually join in.
Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song.
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong. (verse 3)
The lounge at mid-morning.

No comments: