Sunday, March 11, 2018

Springing Forward

This morning the clock sprung forward and we "lost an hour." The church administrator had thoughtfully assigned me ushering and layreading duties on the one Sunday when slothful me would have really liked to sleep in (no, Jesus, I'm just joking and happy to be of service).

Attendance was below average, but well within the margin of error---I've forgotten what that means but it sounds STEM-related and professorial. Later that day, availing myself of the Sunday Loophole, it was time to eat and drink everything that I'd been abstaining from during Lent.

I stopped by the local 99 Ranch Market and picked up some sweet and fatty items suitable for Lent-breaking. Fortified by a couple of glasses of pinot noir, I was ready for the week.

99 Ranch Market's duck tongues and duck heads---tempting, but I'll pass.

No comments: