Friday, March 08, 2024

Fill the Bottle, Shake, Pour

I've given blood and urine samples before, but this time the urologist wanted samples covering a 24-hour period.

The orange bottle came with detailed instructions about collection, refrigeration, shaking the bottle for one minute, pouring samples into other containers, labeling and sealing the bottles, putting them in plastic bags, and completing the accompanying forms. When leaving home, I carried the bottle in a discreet shopping bag. It was a relief dropping off the samples (but not the orange container) early this morning.

The lab thought of everything. There were instructions (below) to get a second bottle if the first, which held about one gallon, was insufficient to hold the day's production. One orange bottle was more than adequate.

If I made a mistake on any step in the process, I would have to do it all over again. This was a test in more ways than one. I hope I passed.

No comments: