Tuesday, July 24, 2012

They Do Know Jack

While California tech companies duke out their intellectual-property battles in overburdened courtrooms, one venerable Tennessee company shows how these situations are resolved in a civilized manner.

When Jack Daniel's Properties thought that the design for a book cover (see below) too closely resembled the label of the famous whiskey, it asked that the author change the cover when the book is reprinted and offered to help pay for the redesign. Jack Daniel's didn't even require that current copies be removed from shelves.

I think I'll forego that daily dose (for medicinal purposes) of wine and polish off that bottle of Jack that's been sitting in the cupboard. Then I'll replenish the inventory with one of those new large bottles that I saw for $30 at Costco.

My gullet is only too pleased to reward examples of good corporate citizenship.

Image from Mashable

No comments: