Monday, October 20, 2014

November 4th, When the Cacophony Should Subside

Despite my initial desire to stay beneath the political-contribution disclosure laws in 2008, I sent in a little more during the fall campaigns, which meant that I had to submit my address and phone number. In retrospect the additional donation was a big mistake.

Every two years the phone has been ringing off the hook. The old Panasonic feature-phone can block up to 30 identified numbers, plus out-of-state callers. That limit has been quickly overwhelmed by political callers from our own area code.

Those people are clever, but I refuse to upgrade to a new system just to block these calls. I can't wait for November 4th, Election Day, when the cacophony should subside.

My advice to anyone considering a political donation for the first time? Don't. Find another way to support your candidate or cause. © 2014 Stephen Yuen

No comments: