Saturday, December 04, 2021

Antibodies Multiplying

The post-jab waiting area was a tad smaller than
the cavernous Moscone Center last March
.
Traffic was heavy on San Francisco's surface streets--nearly back to normal--as I pulled into the garage at the California Pacific Medical Center on Castro.

The entire process went smoothly, the registration, the Moderna booster, the 15-minute wait, and the drive back.

Despite feeling no immediate side effects, I rushed to finish three chores. Nearly everyone in my circle had a worse reaction to the booster than the original vaccinations; some were out of commission for four days, and I was worried about a similar fate.

Sure enough, the injection site began throbbing on Friday evening, and everywhere started aching like in a bad case of the flu. Just to be clear, it was not the flu since there's no temperature or sneezing or coughing. Besides, I got the flu shot in September.

This morning I've been dozing intermittently and have been otherwise useless---a typical Saturday in other words--but the trajectory is positive. I can feel the antibodies multiplying.

No comments: