|In April two church members visited the school.|
Our church and some of its members on an individual basis have been paying the tuition for students at the Cambodian Academy of Mongkol Borei, a 501(c)(3) organization supported by the Rotary Club.
The $250 tuition includes:
- Transportation to and from school;The Cambodian Academy was founded in 2004 by Foster City resident Hans Eide, who was moved by the plight of families who were too poor to pay the very modest costs (by American standards) of sending their children to Cambodian public schools. The number of students enrolled is 264.
- Two uniforms, textbooks and supplies;
- Breakfast for more than 50% of [the] students;
- A nutritious lunch consisting of rice, meat, and vegetables;
- Teacher's salaries, classroom use, and payment of utilities.