Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Dummy, Wasting His Time

I own several for Dummies guidebooks, finding them to be well-written introductions to topics that I know little about. I have also leafed through volumes pertaining to areas in which I do have some knowledge (examples: Excel, leasing), and the later chapters for the most part do cover the subject matter accurately for the "serious student."

I was amused by the double meaning when I saw the pictured title at Barnes & Noble last night--the dummy is a major element of contract bridge. I looked around for but couldn't find Ventriloquism for Dummies.

BTW, too many of the photos taken with my iPhone have a finger blocking part of the shot. Perhaps I need this book.

[Sodden aftertought inspired by the current political climate: the time seems ripe for Government Oversight for Dummies (GOD)]

No comments: