Tuesday, August 22, 2017

No Good Deed Dept.

Heading to my aisle seat, I noted that the man in the middle seat next to me kept looking back at a lady who appeared to be his wife. I asked her if she would like to exchange places. "That's not my wife. She's back there," said the man, pointing to a woman (I thought) in another aisle seat. I walked back to the second lady--again that was not his wife.

The third time was a charm. His wife was in a middle seat in a packed row. Well, I couldn't back out now.

We exchanged seats, she thanked me effusively, and a corpulent gentleman plopped himself in the aisle seat beside me. It was going to be a long 4½-hour flight. No good deed....



He's more attractive from a distance.
Update: miraculously two adjacent seats next to a window went unclaimed, and my seatmate moved. No, I didn't take offense, and I got a lot of work done.

No comments: