Saturday, July 27, 2024

Sprinkler Fix

The newly working head with the broken parts.
A sprinkler head came off, but the fix was more complicated than screwing it back on. The connecting pipe had snapped, and my attempt to unscrew the pipe resulted in further twisting down the line.

The co-CEO of the household said that I should just pay the gardener $150 to repair the watering system, but I negotiated a compromise: give me a couple of days to solve the problem first, then, if necessary, we'll call him. I couldn't let the grass grow under my feet because it was wilting under the summer heat.

The task took three hours, and the cost was $50 for parts, glue, and tools. Whether I made the right choice from a life-optimization point of view is debatable, but at least I don't have to pay the gardener.

No comments: