Monday, January 05, 2004

A Good Start

Today the New Year really started. Everyone was back in the office, and the difference in energy was palpable. Files were dumped, labeled, and stored, customers were called, meetings were scheduled, and the masses headed to the gym at noon. We did our best to ignore the candies, cookies, and other temptations delivered by well-meaning but misguided vendors. Our resolve is being tested already, but my colleagues and I are made of stern stuff.

The tattered portfolio is looking a little better. My tech holdings that haven't been delisted are nearly back to the prices that I paid. If the bubble (valuations are still high) deflates again, and I ride the wave back down, I know I have no one else to blame. There's still a lot of fear to go along with the greed, so I think the bull will continue to run.

After the storms of last week, the sun smiled on San Francisco.

No comments: