Saturday, June 06, 2009

Hard to Go Home Again

This weekend's excursion to my hometown didn't start smoothly. United's flight was delayed by two hours (I found out after getting to the airport, naturally), I couldn't find my old but reliable Canon A620, and I lost my wireless mouse somewhere between security and the gate. The flight was uneventful, and my brother picked me up at midnight. He handed over a large Hawaiian slush , and the clouds lifted.

All stills for this trip were taken on my iPhone.

None of these buildings (except for the green Ilikai hotel, deceptively small on the right) had been constructed when I moved to the Mainland.


Liberty House, now Macy's, used to tower over a few small stores on the roof at Ala Moana Center.



The American Legion clubhouse was destroyed in a fire. The mini-park that replaced it became a hangout for drug deals and drug users and has to be closed at night.

No comments: