Monday, February 15, 2010

A Perfect Storm (But No Snow) in Vancouver

Yesterday we posted separately on Facebook and Twitter [Re-typing betrayed my lack of skills in social media. Didn't follow single entry only, one of the axioms of modern electronic data-processing]
It's triple-witching multi-culti day.

Gung Hee Fat Choy! Happy Valentine's Day! Today our church is also celebrating Fat Tuesday a couple of days early by feasting on jambalaya, red velvet cake, and assorted high-cholesterol comestibles.

We're now playing bingo. Which other (mild) vices may we indulge before Lent begins?
Pity the poor inhabitants of Vancouver’s Chinatown, who are tugged in even more directions. The Winter Olympics shortened the lunar new year festival and parade. And I’m sure the crowds made a seat at a decent restaurant impossible to find on Valentine’s night. Vancouver – a jewel of a city, but not so much this week.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Vancouver was wretchedly busy yesterday. It was almost event overload. I was glad I had my little sanctuary to come home to.

The Chinese New Year parade is one of my favorite events, but I had to miss it. *sigh*

Gung Hee Fat Choy!