Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dash Gastropub

My brother invited us to a pricey pupu bar, Dash Gastropub, near McCully and King. Because it was expensive and because he was paying, how could I say no?

Dash Gastropub is situated in what used to be a bank (neither of the majors, i.e.,  Bank of Hawaii or First Hawaiian). The owners haven't spent much re-doing the interior---the vault is clearly visible from the dining area---but that doesn't dissuade the crowd of mostly twenty-somethings from coming.

The sashimi is very fresh and uniquely presented, and the young and pretty cocktail waitresses made sure our glasses were filled. Dash is a little noisy but not overly so like some other places where one has to shout to make oneself heard. It's about two miles from Waikiki, and the small parking lot requires the use of a valet.

Next time I go to Dash I will walk there from my relatives', who live about a quarter-mile away. That way I don't have to count the beers. © 2013 Stephen Yuen





No comments: