Thursday, January 16, 2014

Freudian Construction

Everyone needs a stud sensor.
While shopping at Lowe's for a male piece that would thread properly into a female fitting, your humble observer's mind wandered from his plumbing project to "construction terms that sound dirty," a search phrase that Google says has been used before. (Websites have devoted sections to this very topic.)

I bought several pipes of varying lengths; it was best to be over-prepared. The part could not be too long or too short. One piece fit nicely; too much torque would cause cracking so I screwed it in using both hands, then applied the caulk. I ran my finger along the surface. There was no moisture, but I told everyone to allow it time to harden. In a few hours we were good to go. © 2014 Stephen Yuen

No comments: