Friday, January 20, 2017

Nice to Test It

Tourists who want to spend a lot of money can always go to Maui or Kauai or stay in Waikiki, and I'm not averse to doing that every five years or so.

This time I would have my typical Oahu vacation in which expenses, including airfare, would be under $1,000 for the week (OK, it helps to have relatives who will provide a bed and a car).

I strolled down to Ala Moana Beach Park; it has large expanses of white sand, reef-protected beaches, and hardly any people on a weekday. The distance around the park was 1.8 miles, enough to meet the (low) exercise criterion on the Apple Watch.

The short walk was enough to work up a light sweat and a good reason to walk across Ala Moana Boulevard to the shopping center for refreshment. Retiring in Hawaii, I would start doing this every day and might eventually get bored. Well, I'm not sure about that but it would be nice to test that hypothesis.

Banyan at Ala Moana park

No comments: