Sunday, July 14, 2019

David Crosby Getting the Music Out of His Head

Rock legend, atheist, Bernie supporter, and ex-junkie David Crosby lives in a different universe from your humble blogger.....what we have in common is that lately we've been pondering our own mortality. At age 77 he is "releasing albums at a feverish clip, dropping four in the past five years."
“I have eight stents in my heart, and I’m going to have a heart attack in the next year or two, and that’ll be it,” he says. “I’m trying to get the music out of my head first.”....the musician says flatly that he is afraid of dying after battling hepatitis C, receiving a liver transplant and now struggling with diabetes, on top of his cardiac issues.
The wake-up calls are becoming louder and more frequent. I admire David Crosby for recognizing that there aren't many tomorrows left and acting upon that realization.

No comments: