Thursday, October 31, 2019

Like Salmon, Except There's No Spawning

The men's room code is 2345. Why bother?
Finishing the morning walk, I stopped by Honolulu Coffee Co. for an hour of caffeinated relaxation in an aesthetically pleasing, air-conditioned room. Uh-oh, I left the wallet back at the house (the loss of memory engrams is becoming really bothersome).

It turned out to be my lucky day; on Thursdays my brother's kid works at that location. He signaled to the barista that everything was copacetic; he would pay for my order. He's a thoughtful nephew and must get that from his mother.

Though I've lived nearly 50 years on the Mainland, I still run into and recognize people I know in Honolulu. It makes little financial sense to move from horrible California to almost-as-horrible Hawaii during my final years, but the call of my birth State is getting stronger.

No comments: