Thursday, November 14, 2019

Great That It Worked So Well

"Find My" icon
Leaving the house last night I dropped the AirPods on the sidewalk. The left AirPod fell out of the case, but I couldn't spot it, even after turning on the iPhone flashlight.

It was time to put Apple's "Find My" app to the test (Apple has combined its "Find my iPhone", which includes other Apple devices, and "Find My Friends" apps).

The left Pod showed up on the screen, only a few feet away. I pressed the button and heard a faint chirping sound.

Directional hearing isn't my forte, and it took a couple of minutes to locate the Pod under the nasturtiums.

A couple of swipes on the shirt, and into the ear it went, still working perfectly.

Of course, I was happy about the result, but the joy was not unadulterated. A loss would have been an excuse to buy Apple's new AirPods Pro.
Unlike the $159, one-size-fits-most AirPods, which are still available, the $249 AirPods Pro have active noise canceling...The new pods also are sweat- and water-resistant, equipped with improved microphones and come with three different size silicone tips for a better fit.
According to the reviewer the AirPods Pro sound better, too.

But I won't be making the purchase. It was too bad great that the Find My app worked so well.

No comments: