Saturday, September 12, 2020

Not Their Target Demographic

When the Wall Street Journal started sending me the oversized WSJ Magazine, with ads for jeans, shoes, and personal items that start at four figures, I knew that I probably didn't fit in with the subscriber base.

Curious about a 24-day trip ("Take the Trip of a Lifetime With WSJ and National Geographic Expeditions"), the details of which the WSJ didn't want to put in the email, I clicked the link, then had to login to my subscriber account. They didn't want any Tom, Dick, or Harry to check out the offer; it's bad form to horrify the hoi polloi.

I do like National Geographic products and do watch the channel, but I don't love it to the tune of $4,000 per day for 24 days. Strike that, I wouldn't be going alone, so that would be $8,000 per day for 24 days. I'm definitely not in the WSJ's subscriber demographic.

Wait a minute, the "complimentary" Ground Voyager Bag valued at $1,099 looks awfully tempting.

Kidding.

No comments: