Monday, April 25, 2022

Rocklin Repast

We were done with the tax returns for family and friends, and a 9-month project for the church had coincidentally wrapped up. It was time to reward ourselves with an overnight trip to Central California.

The head ordered the ahi salad, but the
heart wanted the drunken-pig fries.
We stopped for lunch in Rocklin. An upscale burger-and-brew operation, the University of Beer, had opened six locations in the Sacramento Valley.

The prices were roughly the same as in the Bay Area--$20 for an entrée--and the portions were larger. As the designated driver, I wistfully scanned the extensive beer collection and settled on ice water.

My annual physical was fast approaching, so I also passed on the calorie-laden burger that I really desired and ordered an ahi salad.

Everything was well-prepared, and the ingredients were fresh. My companion let me taste his order of burger and fries.

Next time I'll have what he had, and someone else can drive.

No comments: