Monday, January 10, 2011

Aspiration Aplenty

When I stopped at the local fast food place I used the facilities, if you know what I mean and I think you do (IYKWIMAITYD).

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

I thought it was going to be quick because I wouldn't have to sit down (IYKWIMAITYD).

[Digression: I'll always be grateful that I was born with the Y chromosome. While women outlive men by an average of five years, the scales are balanced by the five additional years women probably spend tending to their plumbing. It all works out in the end, in a manner of speaking.]

When I pulled the lever, I watched in horror as the water rose steadily. It stopped just short of the toilet's rim, then receded, to your humble servant's relief. I readied my exit from the room, then thought about the next unfortunate customer and the even less fortunate worker who might have to clean up what could be a most unpleasant mess.

I found a blue plunger in the corner of the bathroom, enveloped the hole at the toilet's bottom, and thrust firmly until the water evacuated. I sopped up the errant splashes on the floor with paper towels.

The kids all say that they want to make the world better. Oldsters know that stopping it from becoming worse is an aspiration aplenty.

No comments: