Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Laying Down a Bead

In preparation for the imminent storm I did something that I hadn't done for ten years. I bought outdoor silicone caulk and clambered up the ladder to lay down a bead.

Three of the downstairs windows had a shown a propensity to leak (we haven't had heavy, windy rains for a decade) during a bad storm. I was glad that I took the trouble, because there were visible gaps that needed to be plugged.

[Update - 12/13: so far the caulking has held up. SF Gate: "Thursday’s storm alone brought 3.4 inches to the city, ranking it as San Francisco’s 11th-wettest day since record-keeping began in 1849. The coastal hills bore the brunt of the storm, with the Sonoma County community of Venado recording the region’s most rain Thursday: 9.44 inches in 24 hours."]

No comments: