Monday, February 02, 2015

Stan the Dentist

Minor miracle: no cavities, and 
I still have all my teeth.
I dropped by Stan's office this morning for my annual check-up and cleaning. (I first posted about him ten years ago.)

At the age of eight Stan knew that he wanted to be a dentist. Despite being in the business for over three decades, Stan doesn't show signs of slowing down.

He's constantly refreshing the office technology; after he went over my X-rays (instantly flashed to the monitor---yes, kiddies, we used to have to wait half an hour for the "film" to be "developed") he pulled out a laser cavity detector and scanned each tooth for trouble spots invisible to the naked eye. He pronounced the good news: keep an eye on worn fillings, but there are no immediate problems.

Me: "Does that device work on my head? I'm becoming forgetful."

Stan: "Well, it does pick up voids." Bazinga!

No comments: