Sunday, May 30, 2021

Assembling Sandwiches on Saturday

The process goes more smoothly each time. On Saturday we made 80 brown-bag lunches.

In January I had to go back to Costco three times for ingredients. Yesterday I went to the supermarket only once, this time for bread.

Most bread isn't marked with the number of slices on the package, and the packages are often opaque, so it's hard to count the slices yourself. We needed
2 sandwiches/bag x 2 slices/sandwich x 80 bags = 320 slices
and underestimated the loaves needed.

No worries. I returned from the market in 20 minutes, and the assembly line finished the task in under two hours.

The church refrigerator had room for 17 packages. Fortunately my spare fridge was nearly empty, and I was able to squeeze the rest in. Most of the task was done, and we were ready for tomorrow.

No comments: