Sunday, March 13, 2022

Vivid Memories

The congregationl held onto the wafers and consumed them when
the minister said, "The Body of Christ, the Bread of Heaven"
As I did in November and June, I visited my home parish. It was the only Sunday that I would be in Honolulu.

The lady minister said that masking will be voluntary by month's end, but I suspect that many who are in the vulnerable over-65 cohort will continue to cover up.

I greeted the senior warden and her older sister. We talked about Mom, how long I was going to stay, how her tax returns were coming along....the usual pleasantries.

The newsletter said that Chucky had joined the church. I hadn't seen him for 60 years, when I transferred out of his grade school. Chucky, the senior warden, and I all graduated from different high schools in the same year.

It's often remarked because it's true: the memories from our first ten years are more vivid than the most recent 10 or 20 or 50.

No comments: