Saturday, March 12, 2022

Back to Bareface

For the caffeine fix this morning I walked to the Honolulu Coffee Co a quarter mile away. Every table was taken, but not every seat; the facility was at about one-third of its 187-person capacity.

No one followed the protocol of raising one's mask "between sips" though the Hawaii indoor mask mandate won't be lifted until March 26th. I have a couple of co-morbidities--late onset asthma and diabetes--plus I'm over 65 (is old age a co-morbidity?), so I complied with the current rules though no one else was doing so.

Lessons we've learned from the past two years: 1) hypochondriacs sometimes have a point; 2) hypochondriacs shouldn't be in charge of anything that lets them tell people what to do.

After consuming a cuppa joe (black), I walked home, feeling the glucose being reduced with every step.

No comments: