Saturday, January 21, 2023

Another Sign I Should Stay Retired

If I'd known personal branding was important
I would have taken better care (WSJ illuatration)
Here are Five Skills College Students Will Need for Their Future Careers
  • Entrepreneurship in the Metaverse
  • Ethics and AI
  • Networking 101
  • Designing for Natural Disasters
  • Building a Personal Brand
  • Back in my business school days nearly 50 years ago, none of the above subjects would have been deemed worthy of spending more than an hour on. I also would have had no idea what "Metaverse" meant, and "Ethics and AI" would have been a topic in a science fiction course.

    By the way I think it's more important to have a basic knowledge of marketing, finance, MIS (Management Information Systems, how quaint), accounting, business law, production, and human resources to advance one's career. I also place communications and math skills higher than the aforementioned ones, which is why I should stay retired.

    No comments: