Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Unmotivated and Easily Distracted


On a clear day you can see the Golden Gate Bridge from our floor.

Writing this journal should be purely for pleasure, but I'm beginning to feel dissonant emotions, like guilt, because my entries have been infrequent. Yes, I've had a lot of work recently, but that's a pretty lame excuse. After a long day I like to go into my man cave and zone out in front of the boob tube. the remote control in my left hand and the snack bowl in my right. The laptop beckons, but a) it's hard to type with one hand, and b) peanuts and chips make the keyboard greasy.

I'd spend more time on this subject, but one of my pet peeves is writers who write about the act of writing. How self-indulgent! Just like making a movie about film-making. So I'll stop now, with the hope (not the promise) that I'll make an entry tomorrow. After I go running. Which I haven't done for a week. Because I've had a lot of work recently.....


It doesn't look that appetizing, but this lunch at a small eatery on Stockton Street costs only $2.50. You get chicken, rice, vegetables, and soup.

No comments: