Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Top Ten Reasons I Should Leave California

1. The third consecutive dry year means water rationing.

2. Bay Area housing values are collapsing, and I should grab the equity that I can.

3. Mexico is disintegrating.

4. I’m too old to learn Spanish.

5. The Yellowstone caldera is going to blow its top.

6. The State deficit through June, 2010, is $42 billion (fewer government services and higher taxes on my shrinking income and wealth equal misery).

7. All the major sports teams are terrible, and they look like they'll stay that way for a long time.

8. Governor Gavin Newsom.

9. Catastrophic earthquake(s) will happen during my lifetime.


10. I can move in with my parents (in Hawaii), 2,000 miles removed from all of these troubles.

Mom, get my old room ready.

© 2009 Stephen Yuen

No comments: