Sunday, November 21, 2021

Old Times Sake

On Tuesday I put on the standard-issue wired headphones (see following post) and embarked on a 4-mile stroll around Ala Moana.

Skipping Waikiki, I walked past the boats in the Ala Wai harbor and dreamt briefly of the benefits and costs of owning one. Nope, not even if I had the money.

View of Diamond Head from Magic Island.
For old times' sake, I took the loop around Magic Island. My father would often walk the path while I, going a little faster, would circumnavigate Ala Moana Beach Park.

We would meet at the car, then drive across the street to the shopping center and relax with a coffee at the Food Court.

The Food Court in the COVID era has been stripped of half its furniture, and Dad would not have found it as inviting.

Across Kapiolani Boulevard was Don Quijote. I was refreshed by the air conditioning inside but didn't buy anything, not being inclined to walk the final mile carrying a bag of groceries.

The traffic was much heavier than when I was a kid, but now there are four more stop lights along the way to make the crosswalks less hazardous. In 20 minutes I was home.

No comments: