Monday, December 31, 2012

A Good Year

In 2012 I accomplished some of my goals but fell short on a number of others.

I traveled, renewed relationships, completed consulting projects, and put in more volunteer hours. I didn't exercise as much as I had hoped, nor did I clear much clutter or finish more than a few continuing-education courses.

Coming down with the shingles, a painful, but not life-threatening condition, was a valuable reminder to pay attention to personal health, the absence of which would make attaining other goals much more difficult. After four months the symptoms are nearly gone.

In the new year, in addition to the usual resolutions, I resolve not to feel guilty about not accomplishing them. Guilt can be a useful prod, but dwelling on failure detracts from life's pleasure.

Above all, thank you, dear reader, for sharing this journey with me. May our walk together continue a while longer.  © 2012 Stephen Yuen

No comments: