Thursday, June 24, 2021

Passing the Test

I arrived 10 minutes early at the San Mateo CVS for my appointment. CVS, Walgreens, and Costco were acceptable vendors to screen travelers to Hawaii for the coronavirus.

There was a line of cars building up behind me, so I offered to drive off to the side, swab my nose, and drop the package into the receptacle. The young man behind the drive-through window insisted that I stay so that he could guide me through the process. I’m glad he did, because there were plastic packages and documents to mess around with. Also, sticking the Q-Tip up my nose wasn’t pleasant, and I could see why someone needed to watch patients to make sure they were digging deep, both literally and metaphorically.

The results were sent via email this morning, less than a 24-hour turnaround. The final step was to create an account on the Hawaii Safe Travels website and upload the pdf file (screenshots not acceptable). I will also carry a hard copy with me, as Hawaii requests.

I followed all the instructions, and I am confident that nothing could go wrong.

No comments: