Tuesday, January 18, 2022

The Financial World is Passing Me By

Everyone used to know how to write a "check"
Trying to sign up for a business-related insurance policy, I sent the following e-mail to the broker:
Kelly, may I just mail a check for $700 to you? I will make it payable to _____ Insurance Agency unless you instruct otherwise. Thanks.
Her answer:
Actually, I need to post an electronic payment to the policy to issue it. So a check would not work, and I cannot cash that to my agency because it needs to be applied directly to [Insurance Co. Name].

If you'd like to run it through your bank acct we can take the electronic check over the phone (routing/acct) and process that today to activate the policy.

Thank you!
I should have seen this coming when a young fellow wanted to pay via PayPal 20 years ago. My quizzical look undoubtedly amused him.

Dinosaurs didn't have the self-awareness to know that they were going extinct.

No comments: