Friday, September 09, 2022

Getting There

Following my annual physical exam of five years ago the doctor gave me four instructions, three of which continue (marked "2017", right), after this year's physical.

The fourth, weight loss, was stricken from the current list because I had dropped a few pounds since 2017. Also, the A1C had fallen from last year's 7.8 (7.0 is the red line for diabetes) to 6.3, which is still too high but much better.

Then he added four items: colonoscopy, skin exam (to check out moles, spots, and tags), COVID booster (the last one was in December), and the annual flu shot.

He asked when I had gotten my last tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis (TDAP) shot. It was administered before I got my driver's license, I said, so his nurse gave me an injection straightaway.

We scheduled the next appointment in September, 2023. I like his optimism.

No comments: