Monday, December 31, 2018

Let the Dog Out

It's been a downer of a year. A number of good friends and relatives died, and my retirement fund took a major hit in the 4th quarter.

On the bright side our health is still good, I don't have to go to work (yet), and our loved ones aren't dealing with severe crises, at least any that I know of.

The zeitgeist is miserable. The airwaves--news, entertainment, even sports--and print media have gone anti-Trump 24/7. I didn't vote for him--basically it was a prophylactic (my 10-year-old self snickers) vote to protect my health and property--but all his positions are not arrant nonsense, and half the country supports him. To be clear about where I stand, the noise itself is wearying, and I wouldn't like it if the media were pro-leader 24/7 like in North Korea.

(Image from healthcmi.com)
I've stopped watching MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News and turned to the Hallmark Channel, where the plot conflict is whether Jill can persuade Jack to start enjoying Christmas again (spoiler: she can and he does).

2018 coincides with the Year of the Dog (2/16/2018 to 2/4/2019). What say you we let the dog out a little early---by the way, President Trump, a dog, was born in 1946---and welcome in the Pig, which is looking prettier every day?

No comments: