Thursday, December 27, 2018

Don't Have What It Takes

Illegal, beginning in 2019.
I like to think that I'm law-abiding because of elevated morality, but I suspect that the explanation is pedestrian: I just don't have enough imagination.

Case in point: after buying a car in August I lamented not receiving the California license plates within two months. (I had to wait over three months.) It turns out that for many scofflaws having no plates is a feature, not a bug.

Paper plates with nothing but the dealer's name are prized because they enable cars to blow through toll booths and possibly commit crimes without being identified. On January 1st dealers will be required to issue temporary paper plates with large identifying numbers that can be traced to the car.

And to think that I could have skipped about $100 in tolls and driven in the car pool lane all by myself from September to November. Not enough imagination.

No comments: