Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Boring Beauty

Circle marks where I took the photo
It's been great re-familiarizing myself with the neighborhood, but after three weeks the novelty has worn off. One can only leave the home in so many directions.

On days with more energy I venture farther afield into the neighboring cities of Redwood Shores and San Mateo, but that carries the risk of being caught in a rainstorm a couple of miles from home.

Calling for someone to pick me up seems to be against the new ethos of social distancing and self-reliance. The same goes for driving someplace new for exercise, an unnecessary use of the car.

Boredom, of course, is a nothingburger complaint to people who are suffering from the coronavirus or those who are ministering to them. Likewise those who are working overtime to perform essential services, or those whose lives are on the brink of financial disaster.

So I will stifle myself, as Archie used to say to Edith, and enjoy the beauty around us, boring though it may be.

No comments: